back to article 'I run my business from my phone' says Benioff as Salesforce shovels $93m into the furnace

Salesforce is in the fortunate business where it can simply raise its cloud-coated hand in the air and a fraction of the trillions of dollar bills being blown around the global economy will stick to it. At least, that was the message on the enterprise software-as-a-service company's first quarter earnings call for its fiscal …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mitoo Bobsworth
    Joke

"...supremely patient investors"

A tremendously rare, far-sighted species, once thought to be extinct in the USA.

1. Grikath
      Coat

Re: "...supremely patient investors"

A true investor *is* patient and thinks in years or even decades, depending on the investment involved. Nothing like the flashy-millisecond-flash trade ( true investors merely ...facilitate.. operation of those outfits).

But it seems that the Head of the Beggars' Guild can indeed ask for a "Mansion and a 8-course meal for 50 guests" in Real Life™... And get it.

Wanders off muttering about 'hands and shrimp.

2. qwertyuiop
    WTF?

"...from my phone..." Really?

I'm always bemused by these folks who reckon they can run their businesses from their phone. Really? I mean, really really?

Sure I appreciate you can read and send emails and stuff. You can probably read text documents and very simple spreadsheets, but as soon as the content becomes at all complicated - graphs for example - can you really read and understand them? Or dense tables of figures? Even supposing you can, can you really write a lengthy (I'm thinking several pages) document for the board or similar?

If you'd said tablet I could amost believe it, but phone? No.

1. Lionel Baden

Re: "...from my phone..." Really?

phablet ? :)

2. king of foo

You can absolutely run a business from a phone.

You pay other people to trawl through the figures for you and write the lengthy documents.

How else would you find the time to work on your tan or get your teeth bleached?

1. Roland6 Silver badge

True you can "run a business from a phone" but as Benioff observes he wasn't able to "build a business from a phone".

3. P. Lee

The question is, "what's the role?"

Visionary leader? Maybe. Don't let anyone like that near execution functions.

Apart from that, I'd be scared of anyone who thinks they can do that.

3. Getriebe

1.23 billion, only!

Wow, I thought they were bigger than that. Thus now I understand the slowness to develop and low prices they charge.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like