The head of HP's PC and printer business in Blighty, Paul Hunter, is moving to a new role as CEO Meg Whitman's right-hand man. Hunter ran the PC biz from the summer of 2010, replacing former HP veteran David Wright, and was first in line for the top local job when the firm stitched together the client and printer divisions. A …
...a (very expensive) PA/Secretary.
"The chief of staff position involves organising meetings and customer events, working closely with the channel and making sure daily duties performed by Whitman run smoothly, sources told us."
Seems more like a demotion, Head of PC and Printers to Secretary? Bet it pays well though...
No hope for HP now that Hunter is in with Meg - hope she likes drinking and flashy watches because that's about the extent of his skills.
- Exclusive Oracle confesses to quietly axing its UK software support centre
- Analysis Dell computers bundled with backdoor that blurts hardware fingerprint to websites
- Telecity fails with car park net rescue plan. In fact, things got worse. Again
- Autumn Statement Thin-lipped chancellor tight-lipped on contractor-nudge-onto-payroll plan
- Spending Review: GDS gets £450m, Cabinet Office budget slashed