The head of HP's PC and printer business in Blighty, Paul Hunter, is moving to a new role as CEO Meg Whitman's right-hand man. Hunter ran the PC biz from the summer of 2010, replacing former HP veteran David Wright, and was first in line for the top local job when the firm stitched together the client and printer divisions. A …
...a (very expensive) PA/Secretary.
"The chief of staff position involves organising meetings and customer events, working closely with the channel and making sure daily duties performed by Whitman run smoothly, sources told us."
Seems more like a demotion, Head of PC and Printers to Secretary? Bet it pays well though...
No hope for HP now that Hunter is in with Meg - hope she likes drinking and flashy watches because that's about the extent of his skills.
- Twenty years since Windows 95, and we still love our Start buttons
- Windows 10 now on 75 million devices, says Microsoft
- Windows 10 market share growth slows to just ten per cent
- Windows 10 blamed (partly) for stalled PC sales recovery
- Ex-HP top aide in the clink for racking up $1m on company credit cards