back to article Sluggish Cisco damping Ethernet market, say kit-counters

The bread-and-butter enterprise networking market, Ethernet switches and routers, had a dreadful first quarter in 2014, but just how bad depends on which analyst you listen to. IDC says the Q1 value was $US5.2 billion, while Dell'Oro Group was a little more pessimistic, putting it at $US5 billion. The two companies estimates …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. tentimes

Or maybe they don't want spied on

Could it not be possible that before buying any big piece of network kit many people are looking elsewhere than the usual suspects (that get reported on for these results) so they can get a router/switch that has not been modified by the NSA?

I know if I was buying a big fuvk off switch I would be seeing who else could provide it. Personally I would go for the chinese, as they are less likely to swoop in with guns and lift the people I sold the switch to.

On a smaller scale, I certainly refuse to buy anything that has "made in Murica (fuck yea!)" on it.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Devil

Some Dis-Assembly Required

I think it's safe to say that there will be a severe shake-up in who are considered 'trusted' equipment providers. Hell, maybe some firm can come up with ways to verify the kit hasn't been fiddled with. [No Dis-assemble!] If I were actually concerned here it wouldn't be challenging to build my own. Actually thinking about it, the NSA may have created a new niche: The Return of the Home-brew manufacturer. [The down-votes are silly. This is as real as it gets.]

3. Robert1211

I Don't Think It Was That Much Dreadful

I think the expectations are just to high nothing can always just keep on rolling at top-notch pace sometimes you also have to see some mediocre figures and results cause its just natural it has to happen sometimes even the best companies and products have to see a little bit of downfall.

Westcables.com

This topic is closed for new posts.