back to article Microsoft adds wireless industry legend John Stanton to its board

Microsoft has added some mobile expertise to its board of directors, signing up wireless pioneer John Stanton, the former chairman of broadband firm Clearwire. Redmond chief Satya Nadella made it clear in his chat about the firm’s full year results earlier this month that Microsoft wants to be “mobile first, cloud first” under …

1. Malagabay
    WTF?

More re-arranging chairs on the Titanic….

At least the last guy did something with the chairs…. like throwing them about.

Personally, I think they have a “no strategy first” strategy.

Typical corporate canteen fare: “waffle first” and “flounder later”.

I hope someone has a secure back up of all their old strategies because they are going to need the old one that has “corporate windows” written [in gold] on the cover.

If this goes on much longer they will have to re-brand to the “Groundhog First Day Disaster Corporation”.

1. cookieMonster Silver badge

Re: More re-arranging chairs on the Titanic….

I kinda describe it as -> looking at a train crash happening in very slow motion ........

2. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

Re: More re-arranging chairs on the Titanic….

"I hope someone has a secure back up of all their old strategies because they are going to need the old one that has “corporate windows” written [in gold] on the cover."

If Microsoft truly do alienate their userbase so much that this would be required, do you honestly think that the world would be willing to submit to that kind of lock-in again? With the same company that they abandoned for lack of trustworthiness?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like