back to article US titan CSC: Our numbers are going nowhere this year

US titan CSC – you remember, the firm that botched the £10.1bn National Programme for IT – is bleeding out slowly, with revenues dwindling and income growth stalling. The bad news for investors and staff respectively is that things are not forecast to get better any time during this fiscal year, and the company is again …

1. PhilBuk
    Thumb Down

Where to chop.

Let's see - US Public Service revenues down, Global Services (i.e. everywhere else) doing well - Yep, job cuts in Europe. 'Specially in the UK where it's easier to get rid of people. My old company never changes.

Phil.

2. Rafikibob

Pffft

"Integrated servicemesh with AWS". No. They charge for connectors and integrating SM & AWS. We were quoted a six-figure sum to plug SM into AWS to manage a handful of servers. If it was integrated it would be ready to go and economical. They're claiming it but it's all still bespoke and made-up on the fly.

3. MyffyW Silver badge

Not sure what they bring to AWS

If you're after public cloud then a dedicated systems integrator would be your best bet (not necessarily an IT monolith).

If you're after private cloud then CSC - in fairness - have a story tell. Not one I personally went for, but it didn't totally suck, and Gartner gave them some good marks last year.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Not sure what they bring to AWS

"Gartner gave them some good marks last year...."

Oh, then they must be good.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not suprising....

I'm currently involved in a project with CSC and can say from personal experience that they are several orders of magnitude more incompetent than any other provider I've ever had to deal with.

Support is pretty much non-existent as most CSC people don't seem to have a clue what they're doing, and none of the divisions within CSC seem to know what each other are doing. I'm currently twiddling my thumbs for a couple of weeks whilst they completely rebuild our unstable/unusable test environment for the 5th time.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like