back to article Fanfare of trumpets as LOHAN reveals mission patch

Cue the traditional portentous drumroll and fanfare of trumpets as we today reveal the final design for our Low Orbit Helium Assisted Navigator (LOHAN) mission patch. And here without further ado is the motif that will shortly be adorning flight suits and lab coats worldwide: Our LOHAN mission patch design Readers are …

1. Chazmon
    Pint

A more apropriate receptical?

I think the design is simple enough that it would work quite nicely engraved onto a pint glass...

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

Re: A more apropriate receptical?

Hmmmm

2. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Re: A more apropriate receptical?

Engraved into the bottom of the glass.

I'm in two minds though.

Should it be engraved on the outside thus proudly displayed to the world as the arm assumes he correct drinking position? Or should it be engraved on the inside so the imbibee can read the inspiring text when near the end of the imbibing, reminding him/her of the reason for the visit to the Tabernamque in the first place (and that it might be time to head off and see what has landed in the nearby tree)

2. Alister
    Pint

I would quite happily pay anything up to one pound 37 1/2 pence for a mug with that on...

Oh, and have a beer on me.

3. ukgnome
    Pint

So it's definitely helium then?

What am I going to do with with all the shares in hydrogen?

And when can we buy merch?

4. themoose

What is with the easting?

Are you trying to be NASA? What is wrong with a good, honest zero degrees longitude?

5. hplasm
    Thumb Up

Get them

into the Shop... with more stuff too!

6. emmanuel goldstein

First class

Hats off to Fenke et al.

Top patchery and looking forward to seeing it hewn from the living cloth.

7. The Jon

@themoose

Seconded - why the 'Merkin continental outline and not a massively exaggerated Great British Isles outline instead?

1. Mark 85

I tried to reply to themoose but got a "gone" error... hmm... Good question on why North America and yes, I'm in the States. Should be G.B. in my opinion or even Spain.

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Well, NASA is in Florida and the Spanish used to own Florida and El Reg SPB is in Spain...oh crap, it's getting like the bloody Inquisition now.

1. Vic

it's getting like the bloody Inquisition now.

Didn't you expect that?

Vic.

2. DiViDeD

it's getting like the bloody Inquisition now.

Well I certainly didn't expect THAT.

Edit: Blast you Vic = beat me to it!

3. Peter Simpson 1
          Holmes

Well, NASA is in Florida and the Spanish used to own Florida...

Traded to Britain for Havana in the Treaty of Paris in 1763...

// Dad's PhD thesis....

8. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Looks good...

So c'mon where do we buy the merch?

9. Chris G

Yeah

Make the background Blighty or Yuropeen and you can put me down for a tee shirt, don't have much use for a pint mug as I drink Corona with lime from the bottle.

10. C. P. Cosgrove
    Pint

Like - definitely like !

Now that is smart !

It really should be South-West Europe in the background as so much of the garden sheddery - and even the Tabernamque - has been done there. Not for one minute I am suggesting that the support of a Spanish bar owner was an essential ingredient, but I don't think it did any harm.

Put me down for the stitch-on and the pint pot !

Chris Cosgrove

11. Robert Masters

Antipodean sales...

When these go on sale (they *are* going on sale, right?), you can bank on selling at least a couple of stitched patches down under (to me), and probably a couple of T-shirts, too!

1. DiViDeD

Please god not another 'Me too' post

Me too

That is all

12. Beornfrith

Can't help but agree with the notion that it might have looked a bit better with a European background but it still looks great!

I'm sorely tempted to mount mine to my quadcopter so it will be lofted skyward on a regular basis in honour of LOHAN!

13. cosymart
    Facepalm

Ditto the UK

Yes, my first thoughts were why the USA in the background. Should be UK or Western Europe.

Methinks that someone has dropped the balls. Come on Lester own up, you were so blinded by bodette Fenke Foss and her attributes that you failed to check the details. :-)

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Flying over North America?

May land in the Pacific.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon