back to article eBay in talks with Bitcoin firms about payments processing

PayPal is reportedly in talks with Bitcoin firms to integrate the e-currency into its recently acquired Braintree payments system, according to the Wall Street Journal. eBay’s subsidiary has been chatting to Bitcoin facilitators like Coinbase about getting Braintree to accept the virtual cash, but has yet to reach any …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

PayPal is not your pal

1. dotdavid
      1. MyffyW Silver badge

BitCoins, don't talk to me about BitCoins. Brain the size of a planet and they expect me to engage in a proof-of-work-ponzi-scheme

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

@MyffyW

Your comment makes as much sense as saying that people's speculation on the the dollar makes that currency a ponzi scheme.

Bitcoins are merely a method of payment.

1. razorfishsl

Re: @MyffyW

ER no……

Cheques and credit cards are a method of payment.

bitcoin is mineable, so it is not strictly a 'method of payment'

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I don't get this bitcoin thing. I've read up on it, understand the basics, but am unable to see the appeal. IT seems more trouble than its worth and an easy target for crooks. I read a story of someone trying to survive on bitcoins alone and thought that it would never take off. Who knows, in ten years I may be getting paid in bitcoins....which has already happened to some. Better hope a zombie apacolypse doesn't happen.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like