back to article BlackBerry slices off juiciest bits, bottles them in 'Tech Solutions'

BlackBerry has sliced off its juiciest bits and will preserve them in a new unit called “BlackBerry Technology Solutions” (BTS) that it hopes will deliver a jolt of growth. The new unit will be led by Dr. Sandeep Chennakeshu and will gain stewardship of QNX , the IoT play Project Ion, the Certicom cryptography applications and …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

BlackBerry has sliced off its juiciest bits and will preserve them in a new unit called “BlackBerry Technology Solutions” (BTS)

Deckchairs, Titanic, etc.

2. Hans 1

PGP BBM is available for businesses (chat, email).

Actually, they are no longer sinking ... they have stopped bleeding cash over the last few quarters ... and still have plenty in the bank. They have two new devices coming out soon, both with physical keyboard. They have a few all touch devices in the works for later this year.

Not sure why ppl on here still go on like it is Titanic ... I mean, with Snowden's revelations, any non-US company should switch to PGP BBM (even available with BES Express 5) if they do not want their communications to end up in NSA datanceters where US company techies come for lunch.

But that is just me, YMMV

1. MyffyW Silver badge

Thanks @Hans_1, thoughtful analysis. I suspect the Titanic references are driven by an uncertainty about where the companies long term future lies. Because it doesn't seem to have much of a future in handsets, and probably not in mobile device management, despite great heritage in both. But that's just my opinion :-)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon