back to article EE plonks 4G in UK Prime Minister's backyard

While EE didn’t win our Monopoly board coverage survey, the formerly fruity network did prove to be top dog for data speeds – and that’s down to having more spectrum than its rivals. Chesterfield’s twisted spire: Local Store Manager, Adam Osowski, with fellow EE employee Chesterfield local store manager Adam Osowski asks a …

1. Berny Stapleton

"tales his BlackBerry" should be "takes his BlackBerry" ???

2. ukgnome

Oooh not long now

and I might enjoy 2G speeds at my rural retreat on the Norfolk Broads......hahaha who am I kidding, none of the operators have managed to get anything other than patchy reception between Salhouse and Acle.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

NOT best connected areas in the UK.

"The arrival of 4G makes this part of Oxfordshire one of the best connected areas in the UK."

an upgrade to the Mobile connection will help the people in range of the mast i Guess in Central Whitney, but overall DATA connectivity in this part of Oxfordshire is POOR.

If you live outside the Centre of Whitney you have to contend with ~3Mbps ADSL not really what i would call "best connected" and BT upgrade timeline says end 2015 for any better option.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

EE and 3G

"EE-using residents of the places covered by EE’s 4G would be well-advised to upgrade as in our testing we saw evidence that the alliterative network is strongly favouring 4G over 3G"

EE don't seem to give a shit about 3G coverage even when there isn't an overpriced 4G contract to push people on to... If you look at their Facebook page you'll see a lot of people complaining about poor to non existent coverage. EE's respsonse is a resounding silence.

5. Ken Darling

But it stilll won't...

...give speedy resolutions to customer complaints.

6. James 100

"The PM has famously said that he tales his BlackBerry with him wherever he goes, so you do have to feel a little sorry for him. You’ll also note that he stops short of saying which network he is on."

He probably doesn't know... (Though I know the MD of AAISP sent him a free multi-network roaming SIM to try recently, so if he uses that he'll be on whichever of O2, EE and Vodafone covers the area he's in at the time.)

Pretty sad he thinks one of the four networks offering 4G rather than 3G is enough to make that place (and the other 292!) "one of the best" anything, though - particularly with such poor fixed broadband service. Of course, we know he's got a full-blown leased line at home, so it's academic to him!

7. Neil 44

4G Balckberry?

Maybe someone who has one can confirm if any of the Blackberry crop are 4G enabled?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like