back to article DCIG releases mid range array report... and all the apples from the cart

Tech analyst DCIG has released the 2014 refresh of its Mid-Range Array report and there are a few surprises. NetApp tops the list and the landscape is full of upset apple carts. Arrays are ranked into basic, good, excellent, recommended and best-in-class and there are 28 arrays listed above the Basic category. Here are the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I struggle with DCIG credibility

They make their assessments based on a long questionnaire, data provided by the vendor and information on the web.

As far as I am aware, they don't test this functionalility or performance to see whether the claims are true. They don't speak to the customers to see if they like what they've purchased and would recommend it.

I'm not saying that this list is wrong and that HP should be in the mix, or anyone else for that matter. But ever since they rated Tegile top of the hybrid list, where Starboard were in the top 10 (at time of publishing they went bust) and Nimble, who many consider the market leader were down in 29-30th place and ranked basic, I kinda questioned the validity of their results.

They then published Nimbus as the winner of the all flash array buyers guide and I knew the rankings were a crock of ****.

1. Simon 61
      Coat

Re: I struggle with DCIG credibility

Very eloquently put.

I was going to comment along the same lines, but now I will just leave this report to fester in the appropriate repository...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No comparison

This report isn't against the same market segment so you can't really compare them. This one is looking at unified midrange storage so SAN/NAS combined appliances and NAS with a bit of iSCSI in some cases.

3. M. B.

DCIG...

...is worthless. The last report was crap, this one is too.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Maybe

Really El Reg need to fix the article, it refers to unified and not purely midrange storage as suggested and hence why some Vendors and products aren't included, whereas others are that would never see the light of day in a true midrange comparison.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like