back to article Look! Look at me! We do wearables, mobile stuff too! says Intel today

While most of the industry's eyes were on Cupertino with its new iPhones and Apple Watch on Tuesday, Intel CEO Brian Krzanich took to the stage at the Intel Developer Forum (IDF) in San Francisco to explain how Chipzilla will be at the heart of mobility, wearables, and the Internet of Things (IoT). "If you believe Gartner, …

1. mafoo

skylake /me stroked chin

Given their inability to stick to their release schedule for the last 3 years, I'm taking everything they are saying with a small mountain of salt.

2. Hi Wreck

Third time's the charm?

I don't quite think that Intel has figured out the customer wants it's own system on a chip, and not what Intel says will be the system on the chip. Time will tell.

3. Alister

It's OK to love your PC," Krzanich said. "I hug mine almost every day, I think.

EEEWWW!

4. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

Intel loves the PC so much they're going to force mobo makers to solder the chips to the motherboard to force you to buy new components instead of upgrading just the chip. Yep. They love the PC all right...

...it's customers they hate.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like