back to article Ex Red Hat CTO installs self as Google Cloud boss

Red Hat’s former technology chief Brian Stevens has floated over to Google to run its cloud operations. Stevens suddenly left the Linux distro maker and aspiring OpenStack cloud fluffer after 12 years as executive vice president and chief technology officer. As of this month, Stevens has become Google’s vice president of …

1. Nate Amsden

slow news day

I like Red Hat but I really don't care about exec changes, how is this anyone's business other than the person involved and perhaps the people they work with? Can't imagine anyone else caring (nothing specific to this CTO it applies to exec changes in general, or changes in general, no point in news stories about "oh this person is now over at this company!"

I can certainly understand caring if you know the person but otherwise, don't care. Even big wigs like Microsoft getting a new CEO - again I can understand if your going to be impacted by that change if you work at MS, other than that don't care who is CEO.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Does not Compute ..

'The brief, 25-word goodbye and sudden nature of Stevens’ exit suggests Red Hat’s former CTO and his bosses did not part on good terms.'

How about he got a better offer from Google. What are the odds that he had a job lined up at Google just before he was 'pushed' especially when he was on a very good incentive package at Red Hat. $480,000 per year salary plus a $6 million bonus spread over four payments plus 93,875 in stock options. Hardly the the thing you are going to award someone with just before firing him.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like