back to article Oracle top execs' stock options slashed for next year

Oracle’s soon-to-be-ex-CEO Larry Ellison took home slightly less money in fiscal 2014 than the previous year, after some rumblings of criticism at the sizeable nature of his big package. The poor billionaire bagged just $67.3m in compensation, instead of the $78.4m he made in fiscal 2013, a markdown of 15.5 per cent. Missing …

1. TechicallyConfused

Who cares? I am sure Larry doesn't give a toss. The guy has a net worth of about $48 Billion. Even if you assume he only returns 1% on this he makes more in interest in 2 months that he earns at Oracle in a year.

2. Mark 85

Oh dear....

Does this mean he'll only be able to buy one this year instead of two?

1. Tom Maddox Silver badge
      Paris Hilton

Re: Oh dear....

One what, one continent, Congresscritter, replacement clone body? I'm dying to know!

1. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

Re: Oh dear....

Yacht. Ellison has a fascination with them.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pay rises for the workers?

So, those at the top make sure that they can pay the bills: I don't suppose the average oracle employee will be getting a pay rise again this year... No change there then.

Oh, of course, one should be grateful that one is still employed... I am not sure why more people don't vote with their feet.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Pay rises for the workers?

Nope. "If you want a pay rise, there's the door, we're not standing in your way"

4. Alister

I feel so sorry for him, he's hardly going to have 2 billions to rub together...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like