back to article Ukrainian separatists threaten surge in *gasp*... dealers, PCs

The IT industry has pulled back from the brink of disaster but conflicts in Russia and the Middle East have the potential to push it back to the edge, resellers and distributors were warned today. Kicking off the Channels Forum conference in Cannes, Canalys CEO Steve Brazier declared the victory of the channel, the revival of …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Please stop calling them Ukrainian separatists

While, forums like this seldom touch on politics I would ask your writers to stop falling for Moscow's line on what is going on in Ukraine. They are not Ukrainian separatist but Russian Terrorists. He is a very good example outlined by a friend of mine in Ottawa a number of months ago.

“If I run 100km south to the Ontario-New York border with a bunch of guns, cross over, arm some local thugs and gangsters, start shooting and torturing people and then declare a tract of land to be an “independent” republic, what does that make me? At a minimum I’m a FOREIGN invader (even though the land I have invaded speaks the same language as me: English, or American, or Canadian, if you prefer). More than likely, Americans will label me a terrorist. No one will call me a “separatist” or a “pro-Canadian rebel”. That would be nonsense.”

Technology is something I follow closely, almost as close as politics. I've always enjoyed the insight of many of your contributors. Keep up the great work.

William

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Please stop calling them Ukrainian separatists

OK, for your 'moral righteousness' you earned link of the week award!

heres the link: http://scgnews.com/the-geopolitics-of-world-war-iii

I don't believe all of it - but if even some of it is right then I'll join you in Ottawa

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like