back to article Microsoft: OK, we'll try indirect sales for Surface Pro 3 in Japan

Microsoft is testing a reseller programme for the Surface Pro 3. Speaking at the Canalys Channels Forum Asia, the worldwide veep of Microsoft's small and medium business organisation, Thomas Hansen, said a “limited” trial is under way in Hong Kong and Japan. “We are in the process right now of piloting some expanded channel …

1. Shannon Jacobs
    Holmes

You may choose more EVIL now, or nothing

As usual (or at least as too often), the Reg headline was misleading. I thought Microsoft had figured out a new and more evil way to force us to use their garbage. The indirect model of forcing the OS and office suite on the manufacturers is one of their key "innovations" of their highly profitable business model. Too bad if you believe in freedom of choice, real competition, customer-driven innovation or any of that tripe (from the MS point of view, of course). However I still give them more EVIL brownie points for the nothing-is-our-fault-ha-HA anti-liability "innovations". You don't own this software. MS is just loaning you the plague of locusts (and other bugs).

So can anyone fix the latest Microsoft scams in Windows 7? Using the usual excuse of "security" upgrades, MS has recently started crippling Windows 7. All I've been able to figure out is that the system is NOT really idle, even if System Idle Process claims to be using 90% of the CPU. Quite common while booting, but I've hit it at various places, so it might be a booby trap or sabotage targeted at Adobe or Firefox (or both), rather than the forced-upgrade pressure campaign.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: You may choose more EVIL now, or nothing

What the fuck are you going on about Shannon Jacobs?

There's so much crap in that post I find it difficult to parse, but here's my best shot at crappiest sentence:

"All I've been able to figure out is that the system is NOT really idle, even if System Idle Process claims to be using 90% of the CPU"

1. Anonymous Coward
        Windows

Damn, "System Idle Process" eats up my CPU too. How do I kill it??

1. Kristian Walsh Silver badge

Run lots of applications, and starve the bastard of CPU time...

2. dogged

I'm confused but you may be the greatest incoherency troll since amanfromMars1

2. P. Lee
    Trollface

>“It takes time to build a hardware company,” he said. “Speaking candidly, we are learning.”

Perhaps they should have handed it over to the xbox team...

3. bed

Idle system processes?

Yes, Idle System Process is probably boobytrapped. You can tell by the way is spawns copies of svchost to keep itself occupied. Fortunately it doesn't consume much memory, unlike the spyware SavService which consumes almost as much as that useless IE6 clone FireFox.exe.

4. Techs UK

did nokia sell in japan?

Surely they can use their new nokia resellars/agents to deliver on the SP3?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like