back to article Vodafone's 4G investment is beginning to pay off

What matters in results isn’t how good or bad they are, but how they compare with what lots of very highly paid people have been calculating they would be. This makes the Vodafone results for the six months to 30 September 2014 good. While the Earnings Before Tax, Depreciation and Amortisation (EBITDA) from-day-to-day business …

1. Smoking Gun

It amazes me how I can get better 3G coverage on a beach in Majorca than I can on the outskirts of Southampton, where holding a call for more than 5 minutes is a challenge, let alone getting data.

2. IsJustabloke

Vodashite

They may have 4G somewhere but its certainly no where near anywhere that I am, they're happy enough to charge me for it but are strangely reluctant to offer me a discount even though by their own admission the likelihood of my home town getting 4G from them is akin to the devil skating to work. I don't really care about 4g but if they are going to charge me for it then perhaps they should supply it.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'd just like 3G please vodafone. O2 and Orange can do it on our town, why is it we still have to live with 2G? from you? Not that it matters now as I'm totally sick of the poor service here so I'm off to one of the others despite having used vodafone for many years.... I've lost count but at least 14 years probably a lot more!

1. David Roberts

Switch don't bitch?

See title.

1. Expectingtheworst
        Facepalm

Re: Switch don't bitch?

You have to have a supplier to switch to !

6 miles south of Norwich, not really that rural.

4. Disaffected Youth
    FAIL

What's their actual 4G coverage?

I've been on a 4G contract with Vodafone since May and haven't yet seen a 3G icon on the phone let alone a 4G icon and I travel around the UK a bit. I'll be switching to EE at the first opportunity.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like