back to article Huawei's and ZTE's SDN embrace: soft power in vendor-land

China's network hardware sector has taken another step into the world of openness with ZTE joining the Open Platform for NFV (OPNFV) project. As ZTE and (even more enthusiastically) Huawei cosy up to the world of open networking, Vulture South is moved to wonder whether there isn't an exercise of “soft power” emerging. ZTE is …

1. Denarius
    Meh

until it is approved by the NSA

the local OZ glove puppets and their equally supine tools, the assorted spook agencies will recommend against using either companies products until approved by their owners, the powers that rule Merkin Land. In the meantime, watching the feeble brains of the pollies warbling about how great free trade agreements are while simultaneously spouting FUD about Chinese made telco kit will be briefly entertaining. Especially if TalkBull continues his "No problems with offshore data storage" spiel. I am sure the PLA tiger teams will love to help analyse Oz metadata for terrorists. All for free except our pollies will insist we pay again for being spied on.

I used to think this talk was tin hat stuff, but now I feel reality has copied paranoid conspiracy fantasies.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like