back to article C'mon, Brocade: QLogic's left the Fibre Channel game. Flat revenues again?

Brocade is a member of the flat revenue Earth society, with its mix of annual and quarterly Fibre Channel and Ethernet revenues hardly changing between last year and this year. Brocade’s fourth fiscal 2014 quarter revenues of $564m were up by one per cent year-on-year, up from $559m a year ago, and also up three per cent …

1. Terafirma-NZ

Their VDX line is awesome and I would buy loads more if it was not so expensive. IP market is a different space and bringing FC price books in will get you nowhere.

1. M. B.

Yup

I started with a Brocade partner about 10 months ago and we've been fairly successful with the ICX line of switching, seems to be very reliable and good features/price point but I'm irked about the older code versions Support is recommending to us and customers - get on with 8.x already!

The VDX switches are totally sweet, lots of use cases there. Performance looks to be as spec'd and the VCS fabric is very easy to configure and manage. Expensive, yes they are, but I approve.

The ADX is decent as well, not really NetScaler decent (cheaper though) but virtual ADX with Vyatta vRouters in highly virtualized multi-tenant environments actually works pretty well.

They seem to be a good company with good products on offer outside of just FC, just not big on fanfare and flash sadly. That might be all they are really lacking.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like