back to article Wasn't it all supposed to be so different by now, Meg?

Showering partners with love, making changes to the exec line-up, upping R&D and other tweaks made by CEO Meg Whitman were supposed to get HP's business firing on all cylinders, but after year three of the turnaround plan, they've yet to do so. The release of Q4 fiscal ’14 numbers for the year ended October reveal a company …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No vision, no ideas and a shit company culture where they try to blame companies they have acquired for the failure of the mothership.

2. M7S

How not to give your sales staff a boost

"the opportunity to create an IT infrastructure for each company that isn’t based on our legacy IT systems"

This would be the same quality kit (and I'm talking enterprise grade stuff here) they had/have us customers spend so much money on buying and supporting then would it?

OK, lesson learned.

3. Frankee Llonnygog

Hi HP, I'd like a tablet

"Certainly. Would you like an HP Stream 7, HP Stream 8, HP 10 Plus, HP Slate 8 Plus, HP Slate 7 VoiceTab Ultra, HP 7 Plus, HP Slate 21 All-in-One, HP Slate 10 Plus Tablet, HP ElitePad 1000 G2 or an HP Pro Tablet 610 G1 PC?"

"Ermmm ... I'll have a think" (Slopes off to buy a Nexus or an iPad)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Hi HP, I'd like a tablet

I ran right into that door ajar last night while following what I thought was a straight search hp tablet. Product confusion much?

4. Mikel

Cast off the boat anchor

PC biz is unprofitable.

Bill Veghte (formerly of Microsoft) will take over for Meg as she sets her sights on another world to conquer. No doubt he will continue to ensure that HP enterprise and cloud management consoles all require IE for no rational reason.

5. asdf
    Mushroom

one positive

Not a big fan of Meg myself but you do have to admit the complete ass hatry of the fairly recent past with a new CEO every 9 months and the board facing criminal charges has quieted down a bit the last couple of years (though they are still flinging shit trying to cover not doing their jobs back then). She may not save HP but she at least as reduced the dumpster fire to a smoldering heap.

6. danny_0x98

Making Sense Until One Thinks About It

"... accelerating pockets of growth."

Accelerating growth in the positive "pockets?"

Accelerating the rate that growth pockets are evaluated. (Excellent! Why didn't you push that button earlier?)

But, but, but, Dan, acceleration is good, growth is good, it's good, can't you see it? Oh. Not a stock investor, then in the blessed name of W.C. Fields, go away son, you're bothering me.

Getting more RFPs! (I can't really see as how that is so much will as a better business economy.)

Higher Win Rate! (Which is good, if the wins are for the highly profitable proposals. If it's for low-margin, or worse, underpriced proposals, stock up on aspirin now for the headaches in '15 and '16.)

Okay. I have pockets. Better go make them clear growth pockets. And then accelerate them.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

copying the master

HPs policy of cutting their way to profits sounds like another three letter company, also crashing and burning. Some of the staff let go in Oz have guaranteed clients will do no further buys. Real $$$ lost to "save" a few salaries.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Going to get worse

HP WorksiteMP and other products that have no equivalent/improved version that cease to be supported will result in a loss of maintenance next year as customers abandon HP software products.

I feel sorry for the workforce, not the board members who all deserve to be replaced.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Had Potential. Oh well.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If this does not work out

Meg for President !

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like