back to article Fat upstart Nimble embiggens revenues by 77% in ONE quarter

Nimble Storage is providing an object lesson in how to grow a startup after IPO, posting a 77 per cent jump in quarterly revenues – with revenue growth outstripping the loss increase rate. The firm saw revenues of $59.1m in its third fiscal 2015 quarter, compared to $33.4m a year ago and $53.8m three months ago. The net loss …

1. sawatts
    Joke

Their bread still tastes of cardboard - but at least is fibre rich.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"You can see from these numbers how the growth in losses is slowing"

I maybe watching a different chart then because the chart's showing the red lines getting longer the last 4 Qs.

1. Graham 24
      Facepalm

But they're getting longer by less - so the rate of increase is dropping. It's a good way to spin increased losses - you get to use words like "less" and "reduce" in the same sentence as "loss", hopefully disguising the fact that you're still losing more money than you were before.

Looking at the chart, I'd estimate approximately a total loss so far of about £130M. Or to put it another way, even if they make profits of $25M /year for the next four years, it's 2020 before they are really in the black.

I like the growth strategy though:

•Get new customers

•Grow Global 5000 customer base

•International expansion

•Encourage customers to expand app load after purchase and buy more product

I read that as:

•Get new customers

•Get new customers

•Get new customers (not in the US)

•Get customers to buy more things

That must be why I don't run a business that loses $100,000 per day - there' no way I could think of such a creative strategy of "get more customers and get them to buy more things" - that's business genius right there.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like