back to article Belden buys Tripwire for $710m: Will keep network burglars out of Internet of Things things

Signal transmission firm Belden has agreed to buy security tools firm Tripwire for $710m in cash. The deal, announced Monday, is expected to close in the first quarter of 2015, subject to customary closing conditions. Tripwire's security and compliance products, such as Tripwire Enterprise, will be further developed and …

1. Gordon Stewart

Never even heard of Belden before.

Tripwire Enterprise is an over-priced, bloated pig of an application that tends to get foisted on organisations just because Gartner or whoever say it's 'best of breed', without any consideration being given to more manageable alternatives... let's hope Belden don't make it even crapper...

1. Nick 65

Don't they make cables?

I suspect "Signal transmission firm" is another way of saying "they make cables," along the lines of "bedpan unsullification technician" or "geomorphological adjustment device." Seems they do own a shedload of other digital media stuff as well, though.

As to Tripwire Enterprise, up front declaration I work for a company that resells it, but I found it easy enough to get on with once you've put in some time learning how to drive it. Until then, it's just odd for a mere grunt like me to work with. Mind you, that's how I felt about MacOS...

Powerful, flexible, easy to use, pick 2, and it feels like they did.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon