back to article Cisco: Think we're a lawsuit-hurling villain? 'Complete garbage'

Anyone that paints Cisco as a sueball-slinging bully boy that flexes its legal eagles to stem rivals' innovation is talking “complete garbage”, or so says its president of development and sales. The denial comes after Cisco last week filed several lawsuits in the US to "stop" Arista's "repeated and pervasive copying of key …

1. Flocke Kroes Silver badge

With similar logic ...

... I am the handsomest prince in all the land because I have a bicycle.

They say the last time they sued was eleven years ago. We have no idea how often they threatened to sue, or how may products were never developed because Cisco would either sue or require royalties big enough to make a new product uncompetitive.

If Cisco had 0% market share, then this lawsuit could not be about protecting market share. Having 80% is not evidence that is is not about protecting market share.

If Cisco had shut up, the only 'evidence' would have been the rantings of a defendant in legal trouble. As Cisco needed to prove they are not a patent bully with defective logic, they have convinced me that Arista's claims have some merit. Also I think the only thing that having 13,000 patents proves is that the patent system is badly broken.

2. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

Dear Cisco,

Bullshit.

3. P. Lee

Commandline config UI is trivial and doesn't affect routing

If you route better, you don't need to worry, right?

4. Tromos

Apple have just filed...

...13000 new patents, all ending with the words "on a portable device".

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like