back to article Pure Storage confirms EMEA veep Rose has left the building

It is a strange world when the EMEA* organisation of a business boasts about meteoric growth and then parts with the boss of that region – but this is exactly what Pure Storage has done. The flash storage business has waved bye-bye to industry vet Steven Rose, who less than a year ago joined as veep and is now looking for his …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Stuart Rose?

As in the former chairman of Marks and Spencer?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The Party's Over

Despite any claims to the contrary, Pure Storage is not winning at the rates they had been thus the revolving door has accelerated its pace across the sales organization. I suspect it'll only get harder.

1. Simon 61
      FAIL

Re: The Party's Over

I suspect sour grapes from an EMC employee here :)

Full disclosure : Pure employee

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Dilution?

If that $470 million funding number is accurate, I wonder how diluted the average rank-and-file employee might be.

I wish I knew somebody there I could ask, but I don't know anybody. Strangely, I don't hear of a lot of people leaving them, so maybe they've been refreshing the hell out of peoples' option grants.

Then again, I know a lot of people never ask about the total number of shares when they accept an offer. They only care about their number of shares, which by itself is meaningless.

4. Man Mountain

6:1 Dedupe

Any customer buying based on their claimed 6:1 is taking a massive gamble. If that's the average, across their entire fleet, then there is much more scope for high outliers, than low ones. And their arrays aren't very big in raw terms so buy an array needing 6:1 to get the numbers to work, only get a still fairly respectable 4:1 and then what? You don't have enough capacity and you're into a new box and going back cap in hand for more budget! Much better to buy based on a conservative dedupe ratio, and if you exceed it then it's free capacity!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: 6:1 Dedupe

Yes, everybody should read this positional comment and think 3PAR...

I imagine 16K dedupe is indeed "conservative"...

Nice try

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon