back to article EMC grows new 'Enterprise Content Division'

Another attempted reboot for Documentum EMC's Documentum business has limped along for years now, but now has a spring in its step after rebranding and acquiring a new leader. Evidence of the change emerged from the former Information Intelligence Group's (IIG's) gabfest in San Francisco this week, where attendees were …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Rest in hell

The Documentum product never shone. I never saw the whole stack; it could well be that under that 1985 interface, a brilliantly architected 21st century engine purred and hummed. I will never know, because my PSTD therapist says I can't go there any more.

It was probably also the victim of customers' propensity to 'enhance' it, which usually meant renaming everything, and adding a another 50 metadata fields, each with its own exquisite lifecycle logic, for untrained users to enjoy.

Maybe Documentum is brilliant. All I know is I will never get that time back.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

ex-EMCer here:

Document sucks so much that even internally, employees don't use it. They rather use other solution than Documentum's own eRoom.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon