back to article Capita gobbles up more public sector pie

Controversial outsourcing goliath Capita has been handed yet another slice of the public sector pie – having bagged a joint venture with the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs expected to generate £700m. Capita will acquire a 75 per cent stake in the running of the department's Food and Environment Research …

1. Little Mouse

The Devil's in the details

Sticking to the contract is precisely what Capita are good at.

They're the experts at contractually tying every little detail down very tightly indeed, as many Local Authorities have naively discovered - too late and to their cost.

2. chris 17 Silver badge

Crapita strikes again. I've been avoiding working for them for the past 10 years, every business they buy they close and relocate the "service" elsewhere. Problem is you never know where they will strike next. I imagine for security reasons they need to keep onshore a lot of the government department jobs which is a good thing at least. There should be a limit to the amount of contracts (value or volume) one organisation can have across government, that would atleast promote competition between the players.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Capita is currently paying more than 92% of valid invoices on the contract within 30 days (and the average is 28 days)."

within 30 days:

*of the invoice creation date, sent out with 30 days payment terms?

*of receiving an invoice, regardless of when the payment date is?

*after the due date of the invoice expiring?

*after receiving the first dunning letter from invoicer?

Language matters in there things..

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Well

The bastards have worked this one on us in the last five invoices, interpret 30 days as a month on month basis - not 30 days, accept invoice, raise av query - the last one related to a £239 item on copying for a 28,000 bill, take 20 days to respond, eventually settle 70+ days after invoice. Others have been harder done by.

Small companies can not work with this government or these shits

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Well

Oh and then pay the £239 or other small amounts. And no, government will not support any mandatory interest for late payment if you are on the small end of sme

4. Elmer Phud

As regards being 'Spawn of the Devil' I think Capita is on track to overtake Google.

I'm witnessing the 'changeover' from my Local Authority to Crapita -- it is a long and painful process and so far has 'advisors' with no bloody worthwhile advice.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ah, Capita. Refused to pay our invoices even after their legal team told them they had to as they had no reason not to. Support was stopped, they still refused to pay. Great people to work for.

They eventually paid when the people they were providing the services for got legal on them as they weren't providing being provided their contracted services..

AC obviously..

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

B*stards

A company of penny pinching accountants. Minimal thought for clients, no thought for staff.

I would avoid anything to do with this organisation.

7. chris 17 Silver badge

i'd hate to be a recruiter covering crapita. when ever they call me they are very reluctant to say its for crapita and when i tell them i'd never work for them they immediately start the spewl on how much turnover and how advantageous it is to work for such a large organisation.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like