back to article HP cloud reorg shock: Ex-Eucalyptus boss Mårten Mickos backs off

Leadership at HP's cloud division is in flux once again, with senior vice president Mårten Mickos backing away from day-to-day operations of the unit and familiar faces stepping up to take his place. "As we look at both the short and long term strategic direction of our business, the time is now to open up some additional …

1. Mikel

It can't be comfortable for a real nerd to be working in the corporate world of HP.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"It can't be comfortable for a real nerd to be working in the corporate world of HP."

Especially when it's unclear where they are headed. HP is sending all sorts of mixed signals about its own future and intentions lately.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It isn't, and real nerds have a somewhat stark choice - either accept it or move on...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Finnish?

"short and long term strategic direction of our business, open up some additional bandwidth at the leadership level to focus on placing some longer term bets... Going forward... customer engagement and advocacy and the different communities required to accelerate HP's progress... My personal passion is identifying disruptive companies that transform the technology landscape"

Does anybody know what language that memo is written in? Because it sure as hell isn't English.

4. Mr Wrong

Sounds like that guy admitted he's good at technology and organizing communities but bad at corporate management. So he will stick to what he's good at and leave the rest to old school HP bureaucrats. Doesn't sound like a bad idea, he always looked to me like a CTO kind of guy, not someone responsible for sales.

Though for what purpose HP has bought Eucalyptus I think I will never understand.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like