back to article Chaos reigns as Coms plc CEO tries (fails) to stage boardroom coup

A senior level dust-up has erupted at Coms Plc with CEO David Breith trying to stage a boardroom coup, amid widening losses and a spat over Coms shares that he quietly bought. The acquisitive London-based comms biz, which swallowed certain assets from Redstone and telephony player Actimax, confirmed the chaos in a stock market …

1. logistix

How dumb can you be? Just have a friend buy stocks for you and split the money or pay him a fee. Simple!

2. Justicesays
    Mushroom

They took over my broadband provider

And turned the service to shit, so I moved elsewhere.

Their secret throttling "beta" that went on for several months, affected all live users and wasn't announced or even mentioned until people complained was one of the motivators.

Oh, and the fact they actually promised not to do that when they took over.

I wasn't even on an "unlimited" contract , it had caps, precisely to avoid throttling.

What a bunch of lying cocks.

1. zebthecat

Re: They took over my broadband provider

Were you were another ex ADSL24 custiomer?

Had exaclty the same thing with Coms (along with 2 long complete outages) and moved on once BT got round to putting a fibre cabinet in at the end of my road - not at all surprised Coms are in trouble.

1. Ogi

Re: They took over my broadband provider

I am an ex-ADSL24 customer. After Coms bought them out it all went to pot. For months the broadband was pitifully slow (we are talking slower than a 56k modem), had constant drop outs, and 2 major outages as well. Fat good it did having an unlimited broadband package when you could never actually use the broadband.

Every time they put the blame on me/my equipment, despite said equipment working for ages with ADSL24 with no problems. Honestly, Coms were as bad as talktalk/sky, from the support perspective. I got the feeling they wanted to get rid of me, based on their behaviour.

Finally moved over to Andrews&Arnold, who are miles better than anyone else I've had (although getting used to the 100Gb cap is proving tricky). Coms still send me demands for payment for services despite me cancelling them months ago, presumably there is a disconnect between accounting and their broadband/telephone guys.

Still, I too am unsurprised that they are losing money, they sure are not going to get anyone to willingly pay them, based on my experience of their behaviour

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon