back to article Court nixes four HP patents in ServiceNow infringement case

Hewlett-Packard has suffered a setback in its patent infringement lawsuit against help-desk competitor ServiceNow. Four of the eight technology patents HP had asserted ServiceNow had trampled over have been thrown out of court by the US judge hearing the case. US District Judge Beth Labson Freeman, sitting in California, had …

1. Velv
    Terminator

I hope everyone's got their Business Continuity plan dusted off.

If you buy an application and run it locally, your "service" probably won't be effected if the author is forced to stop selling it. Not much they can do to shut you down.

If you're buying a cloudy service and the courts tell them to "cease and desist"...

2. Sykobee

I don't know why anyone would want to claim that ServiceNow is ripping their own software off! Have they seen ServiceNow? Web 0.1 is crying.

1. SecretSonOfHG

Not defending ServiceNow, but...

ServiceNow may not be a stellar web app, but at least works. At least compared to what I know as the old version of Remedy, ServiceNow was golden paradise.

3. Inachu

I really hate the service management of HP. ITs built from a DOS GUI but I saw my friends company try the newer GUI and it does not look that bad but it is still a bit too complex.

Just assign ticket. allow other tickets to be attached to it when it affects many people. Mark ticket with SLA status then have a SOLVED/REJECTED/OPEN/ASSIGNED status.

No need to make it more complex at all. By making it more complex will force your IT workers to do more clicking and less solving. Making things complex slows things down which is bad for the end users. That is what is wrong with HP helpdesk ticketing systems. All these managers want bars and graphs and people in the field could care less.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like