back to article Winning a brand new BOFH T-Shirt is as simple as...

It's time for another competition prize draw to promote Cash 'n' Carrion, The Register's merchandise store. To be in with a chance to win, you will need to sign in (or create) a Reg account. Sign up for this competition here. Two readers will win our new BOFH t-shirt, that is worth £25.99 and not even avaiable on sale yet. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Clean Desk Policy!

I have heard of them but never witnessed one!

Cor....thanks for that pic. I would never have believed it otherwise.

1. Captain Scarlet
      Mushroom

Re: Clean Desk Policy!

Why aren't you hiding under paperwork or pointing to a pile of old IT junk going I'm fixing this! I did also notice that printer behind is to big and should be in a dedicated print area (Being a BOFH that's where they should belong so they aren't making a racket next to me)

1. James O'Shea

Printer

That looks about the size of _my_ printer at the office. It's _my_ printer. Unauth persons are NOT ALLOWED TO USE IT on pain of... pain. Accountants and similar parasites can use the cheap inkjet they wanted to fob off on me. Or they can increase the budget and get their own Large Colo(u)r Laser Printer.

2. wayward4now

I see only one monitor. A decent BOFH would have at least several.

2. Mark 85
      Holmes

Engineering departments usually have a sign that reads: "A clean desk is the sign of a sick mind.".... Hmm.... (looks at picture again...and sorts out which icon to use)

3. diodesign (Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Proof that our London office is very shiny (and posh).

C.

4. chivo243 Silver badge

Clean desk? Food bowl, glass and clothing laying about? One would think pen, notebook, coffee/tea vessel, mouse and keyboard would be a clean desk. But if the pic is clean desk standard, then I don't feel so bad about my desk. Like people/interpersonal skills, a cleaner desk is something that is always one step forward two steps back...

2. WaveyDavey

Want !

3. Corinne
    Unhappy

Sigh - another competition where they demand your current work details. What about us poor people between contracts?

And why has nobody from El Reg told us why they need this info, despite some people asking?

1. Sarah Balfour
      Unhappy

You're lucky to just be between contracts…

…I've not worked in over 25 years

4. WylieCoyoteUK

Worth 25.99?

Of course value is in the eye of the merchandiser.

A true BOFH would have bypassed the middleman and had some shipped direct from the sweatshop in the third world, and by now be selling them on eBay for a tenner.

5. x 7

its a t-shirt........t-shirt marketing photos are supposed to feature women with lots of upper body development and buckets of water

a couple of photos like that may help you shift a few, not a photo of a bearded bloke

1. Dave Walker
      Thumb Up

I prefer the Bloke

Well done!

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: I prefer the Bloke

Does 25 quid include the contents?

1. LINCARD1000
          Devil

Re: I prefer the Bloke

Do want.

The t-shirt's not bad either...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

A clean desk is a sign of a sick mind

I said this to my boss once.

I just wish someone had warned me he had spent 18 months locked in a padded room a few years before.

(NOT a Joke Alert)

1. FeRDNYC
      Trollface

Re: A clean desk is a sign of a sick mind

(NOT a Joke Alert)

Not a joke, but still funny! (Hey, I've never met your boss, so I'm free to enjoy your schadenfreude moment...)

7. ukgnome

At last a tee-shirt that I want my dark nemesis to see, just before I taser him.

8. x 7

"my dark nemesis"

talking about your wife again? Thats one way to dominate him......

9. peddley

BOFH Mug

Result ... I didn't realise you were doing the BOFH mugs again, I've still got mine form the early 00's, wehnt hey were previously sold on the mech store :-)

10. FeRDNYC

Aw. I wish I hadn't missed out on this.

One of my most prized possessions (as true as it is sad) is an original BOFH* t-shirt, of the "no problem so large" quote and short-lived phosphorescent ink, that were offered to alt.sysadmin.recovery denizens back in 1995 — I was fortunate enough to get in on the last run.

* – (Technically the old shirts are "BASTARD OPERATOR FROM HELL" shirts, with the title all spelled out like that. But that was a simpler time, when you didn't have to worry about getting thrown off an airliner because your shirt has a naughty word on it.)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like