back to article Samsung and HTC: Gaze upon our EMBIGGENED numbers, pesky analysts

Cost-cutting and better-than-expected mobile shipments helped Samsung Electronics and HTC trash analysts' profit forecasts, according to both firms' unaudited Q1 data. Results from the Korean chaebol took a turn for the worse in 2014 as demand for its smartphones and tabs crashed, causing an inventory pile-up that proved …

1. chasil

low end

IMHO, HTC should have continued to build the Incredible line as a stable, low-end small-form-factor phone.

I'm still on an Incredible 2 because I use a Verizon MVNO, and I miss the Incredible's vivid OLED. As I consider [finally] upgrading to an M7 One, I'll have to leave my sdcard behind and use a non-standard unlock/S-OFF method due to the carrier (instead of htcdev).

I'd love a CDMA, Cyanogenmod phone, easily unlocked to S-OFF, perhaps with Sense as a theme, with an accessible battery, that I can use with Page Plus or BYOWireless. Difficulty in moving phones to these carriers is money that HTC is leaving on the table (mosty, for Motorola).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like