back to article Citrix warns it will miss Q1 earnings guidance

Citrix has announced that it will not deliver the financial results it promised the markets. “Revenue for the quarter is expected to be in the range of $755 million to $760 million, below the company's guidance of $780 million to $790 million,” says in its mea culpa preliminary Q1 results released today. “Net income for the …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If I were Mark T, I would

1. Protect my 'used-to-be-loyal, but now-sorta-fickle' install base -- get everyone to the latest and greatest version of XD/XA. Make them less vulnerable to VMware

2. Go after new accounts in verticals -- healthcare, education, government sector, financial services, etc -- working with infrastructure vendors like the big boys (Cisco, HP, Dell, Lenovo, EMC, etc) and upstarts (Nimble, Nutanix, etc)

3. Kill XenServers -- as much as this would pain Citrix XenServer is done. Don't let it distract.

4. Invest in cloud services -- AWS style services (everyone is on the go).

2. Scott 62

if they put as much effort into everything else as they do rebranding their entire line of products every couple of years they'd probably be in a better position :P

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Will they now be sacking the senior management. ..

... with the same vigor they used on the staff during their 'restructuring'.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like