back to article SPB brews up fetching beer + bacon t-shirt design

Those who live by the motto Ad Astra Tabernamque ("To The Stars And The Pub") – with the possible addition of "...and then home for a bacon sarnie"* – should proceed forthwith to El Reg's merchandising tentacle Cash'n'Carrion to feast their eyes on our limited edition "SPB Equation" t-shirt. The artwork for our SPB Equation t …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Shouldn't that be...

"Taliban Donkey Sanctuary and Dating Bazaar"?

2. Little Mouse
    Pint

Clothing woven of two kinds of cloth?

You guys are really courting controversy. And quite right too.

3. ukgnome

SPB? is that still a thing.....I thought the FAA closed you guys down and you're now an online cookery show.

4. illiad

eh, I read that.... beer + fryup + rocket =..... ?????

5. MajorClanger
    Coat

Looks like Special Project Burro(s) to me.

6. This post has been deleted by its author

7. Jimmy2Cows Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Like it

Did I mentioned I like it? Anyone else think twenty quid is a bit steep though?

Suppose we are not talking Tesco quantities here...

8. skeptical i
    Happy

Do Aladdin and Bellamy have a C-named sibling?

Family news update respectfully requested. At your convenience, of course.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And people wonder why males drop dead before their females

Because they eat higher quantities of bacon, the ingestion of pork being linked to cirrhosis of the liver, especially when combined with the ingestion of alcohol.

1. Mark 85

Re: And people wonder why males drop dead before their females

Alcohol usually leads to "Hey everyone! Watch this!!!" Followed by an ambulance. Bacon leads to yumminess. Little correlation between bacon and cirrhosis except anecdotal that I can see with a quick Google.

2. Sarah Balfour

Re: And people wonder why males drop dead before their females

That's total BS*! Decent bacon is a health food, along with red meat, lard, butter, cream, eggs, and just about anything and everything else the NHS says will kill ya.

If folk actually THOUGHT for a nanosecond, they'd realise what bollocks the NHS/USDA feeds them. Cholesterol (to which I assume you're referring) is absolutely ESSENTIAL for life - without it, you'd die in pretty short order - and men require more than women. Sperm is almost entirely cholesterol, every cell in your body requires it to produce cell walls, your brain needs it to produce healthy neurones (ever wonder why dementia and Alzheimer's are so prevalent these days…? Simple. The demonisation of cholesterol, and saturated fat, and the prescription of statins). Your liver produces up to 1.5g of cholesterol in 24hrs - if it was so deadly, why would it do so…?

The 'diet-heart hypothesis' is built on VERY bad science. When the cause of CHD was being researched, 'scientists' fed saturated fat and cholesterol to standard lab mammals - and what do SLMs have in common…? They're herbivorous (rats aside). Now, herbivores don't require cholesterol, so their bodies don't produce it, and they've no mechanisms for dealing with it so, basically, their arteries clog up, and they snuff it.

They also fed saturated fat and cholesterol to,the lead 'scientist's' two mutts. Mutts didn't die, they seemed to become healthier but, coz it was 2 canines vs around 2,000 rodents and lagomorphs, the former results were dismissed as anomalous.

So, that's why saturated fat and cholesterol are bad for us - coz we're bunnies, obviously.

For more info I, once again, list the following references:

Http://www.drmalcolmkendrick.org - please read his book 'The Great Cholesterol Con'

Http://www.dietdoctor.com

Http://www.29billion.com

Http://www.cerealkillersmovie.com

Http://www.chriskresser.com

http://blog.cholesterol-and-health.com/ - the blog of Professor Dr. Chris Masterjohn

http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/

I would call your comment asinine, but that'd be an insult to those lovely donkeys.

*As this article references donkeys, I was tempted to say 'jack shit', but that's got other connotations - but, I can safely say this AC knows jack shit about health and human physiology.

This topic is closed for new posts.