back to article McLaren CIO putters sideways into Heathrow Airport

Stuart Birrell is to hop into the CIO hot seat at Heathrow Airport, one of the most highly exposed roles in tech, and a position that could see him catching the blame for everything from lost bags to international diplomatic incidents. He may be fingered for security cock-ups or failures in the automated baggage handling …

1. Aristotles slow and dimwitted horse

Worked for him at McLaren...

He's a really good guy and made the very best of it despite being hamstrung by the trainwreck of McLaren corporate.

If you read this - best of luck Stuart.

1. Little Mouse

Re: Worked for him at McLaren...

I'm genuinely relieved to hear you say that, because the quoted Heathrow PR spod did him no favours with all those vacuous quotes.

She managed to fill my BS Bingo card and make a bit of sick appear at the back of mouth, all in one go.

2. Aristotles slow and dimwitted horse

@ Little Mouse

Thanks, we all know that PR fluff != Reality.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The man has the potential to ruin more than just holidays or business trips ...

.... interesting times ahead for Heathrow. At least the baggage handlers will get a break.

1. Gilzean9

Re: The man has the potential to ruin more than just holidays or business trips ...

The bar for that job has been set so low by the last two CIO clowns he has nothing to live up to, that said, he has a very weak exec to shed as quickly as possible, the rest of the attendees at the mad hatters team party.

good luck and I hope it works out, just hold your breath when you get there to avoid the stench of BS

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon