back to article Someone is trying to buy Salesforce – but who could it be?

Salesforce.com is being eyed up for an acquisition – and has hired financial experts to guide it through the biz gobble, it's claimed. "Salesforce does not comment on rumors or speculation," the San Francisco-headquartered cloud giant told The Register this afternoon in response to whispers. There has been no formal offer for …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Could it be Microsoft?

There's been a large influx of senior management from Microsoft over the last year - unpleasant, and ruining the Salesforce culture.

2. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Holmes

Interesting times for SaaS people

It's like when you have very nice house and then a mustachioed man decides that the general area around it belongs to another country and taxes must now be paid differently. And maybe other unpleasantness may ensue.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Maybe it's just a coincidence that I noticed the other day that a couple of high up Oracle account managers had started working for Salesforce.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Been hiring oracle people for a long time

Salesforce has been hiring oracle people for ages - I would say that literally 50-60% of the people I used to work with at oracle now work for Salesforce. It really became major after they hired Keith Block who used to run North American sales for oracle.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like