back to article UK.gov to 'overhaul' hated digital services framework

The UK government is scrapping the current version of its controversial digital services framework, which SMEs say excludes them from properly doing business with the government. Earlier this year a number of SMEs complained the framework amounted to a body-shopping exercise, with the Government Digital Service using it to …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cart-horse?

He said: "We’ve had feedback from suppliers who want to be able to supply teams of people, focussed on addressing specific needs and outcomes, rather than body shopping. As a result, we’re designing the new framework to meet this need."

I'm not necessarily saying that this is a bad aim, but since when did the supplier's wishes determine the customer's requirement?

2. Bakana

Body shop

Clarification of term request.

By "Body Shop" do they mean that the government is trying to Save a few sheckels by Hiring the Good people so they don't have to keep paying extra to the Contracting Corporation?

That can be a nice chunk of change since, the last time I got a look at what I was being "Sold" for as opposed to what I was getting Paid, the company was getting the Better side of a 60/40 split.

1. Corinne

Re: Body shop

Unfortunately I think they mean the opposite, Government are going to consultancy companies to supply individual team members rather than hiring independent contractors - which can cost up to three times as much. I know I was being charged out at £1200 a day once (permy staff, salary in the mid £40k range), when the usual contractor rate for that role was a bit under £400 day rate.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like