back to article UK NHS IT supplier CSC coughs up $190m fine, three execs in the dock

Computer Science Corporation has paid its $190m (£122m) fine, levied by US watchdog the Securities and Exchange Commission over charges the Virginia-headquartered biz fudged its financial reports. And now some senior executives have agreed to hand back millions of dollars in pay and bonuses as a result of the SEC's probings. …

1. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Unhappy

Good

I wonder if the UK Government, or rather the Civil Service, will take note.

Sadly probably not.

2. Captain DaFt

Whoopee! Clean slate, business as usual!

"the company has agreed to the payout on the condition it doesn't have to admit any wrongdoing."

And then it's free to boast 'cleared of any wrong doing' while negotiating its next contract. A nice way to keep 'clean' hands when dealing with companies that can't or won't do business with corps that have a black mark on their record.

At the very least, letting them use the 'doesn't have to admit any wrongdoing' clause should at least double the fine.

1. launcap Silver badge
      FAIL

Re: Whoopee! Clean slate, business as usual!

> it doesn't have to admit any wrongdoing

Surely, the very fact that it's been charged, found guilty and fined means it's guilty? I know they do the 'admit no guilt' thing as an avoiding-liability thing but I'm always amazed how contradictory that phrase is.

Hang them!

3. Doctor Syntax Silver badge
    Coat

Being banned from practising accountancy shouldn't be a problem. It doesn't look as if they need any more practice, they're pretty good at it already.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

CSC in the news...

For all the wrong reasons.

Again.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like