back to article Do you pay your Office 365 cloud rent in Euros, or Aus/Can/NZ bucks? It's going UP

Microsoft has confirmed that Office 365 customers in Britain will again dodge a cloudy price hike bullet that customers in parts of mainland Europe and further afield are facing from next month. Businesses in the Euro zone and those in Denmark, Sweden, Australia and Canada will see local prices bumped up by between ten per …

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Yes, rejoice . . until it's your turn

Seems to me that Microsoft is just flexing its price hike modelling software. Dollar fluctuation ? Nice excuse. Neatly justifiable.

I'll believe it when Azure prices DROP following the dollar fluctuating the other way.

1. Tromos
      Facepalm

Re: Yes, rejoice . . until it's your turn

Prices dropping when the dollar fluctuates the other way? I see you have no business acumen. It's the signal to put the dollar prices up to bring them in to line with the rest of the world.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Yes, rejoice . . until it's your turn

Normally it works out MS exchange rate is fixed at $1=£1 for us Brits, wherever the international markets are at

2. P. Lee

Euro's... AUD....

Could it be that the value of both those currencies has dropped? MS may claim that's a justification, but for those on the receiving end, its irrelevant.

I'm surprised that MS has gone with this quite so early on though. "How does this compare with paying one fixed price in the past" will still be fresh in people's minds.

Sun Tzu say, "the best tactical solution may not align with the best strategy." (Ok, he probably didn't, but piling on the MS Office bandwagon because Visio is the best may not have been a good long term plan.)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like