back to article Accenture still a little peckish as it snaps up digi biz Chaotic Moon

Outsourcing giant Accenture has snapped up digital biz Chaotic Moon for an undisclosed pile of cash. The Austin-based, 200-strong team apparently has digital design, prototyping, and development nous. The move is just the latest of a series of acquisitions designed to move the outsourcer out of the traditional managed …

1. Erik4872

How does this fit?

From their website: "We are a group of thinkers, builders, designers, developers, leaders, dreamers, and doers hell-bent on changing the world through better digital experiences. Using talent, expertise, and sheer brute force, we transform bold ideas into the world's best software products. Simply put, we're the best. "

So basically, Accenture just bought a bunch of hipster phone app designers. The Accenture I know does the following:

- Sells a magical business process outsourcing service to execs via PowerPoint presentations

- Once sold, offshores all the actual work these consultants would do to whatever country is cheapest this year

- Singlehandedly keeps American, United, Delta, Hilton, Hyatt and Marriott from imploding by contributing a large chunk of their daily revenue flying and hotelling "consultants" all over the US (and billing it back to the customer.)

- Provides jobs to 23-year-old "subject matter experts" who provide deep business insight and strategic guidance to customers based on their years of practical experience working at Starbucks over the summer.

I don't see the fit, especially since any software they write is done offshore anyway.

Can you tell I've worked in an "Accentured" IT department previously? I'm secretly envious of their business model...truck in new grads in shiny suits, pay them peanuts because you make them feel important by flying them all over the place, and collect massive fees.

1. Matt Ryan

Re: How does this fit?

The pay peanuts with the promise that maybe you'll end up at the top of the pyramid. Ponzi scheme at best.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Brian Whipple, senior managing director, Accenture Interactive, said: "Together, we will work to fulfill our ambition at Accenture Interactive to be a market leader in experience design, marketing, content and commerce for the world’s biggest brands.”

If Brian Whipple did utter those words, or some approximation thereof, then he is a twat.

4. Apriori

You will be assimilated

Accenture actually is the Borg.

I should know, I was assimilated in 1978 and my daughter in 2014.

There is no escape.

You will all join the quest for perfection.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: You will be assimilated

Do they still have the new hire orientation where they tell new recruits how to dress, how to act in front of customers, buzzword training, etc? Having known several Andersen Consulting and Accenture employees, I always found that part of the assimilation particularly funny.

5. Lamb0
    Big Brother

Somebody tell Mr. Whipple:

"Please, Don't squeeze the Charmin!"

6. spiny norman

Hyperbole is the new Understatement

"Accenture acquires Chaotic Moon studios, radically changing the course of human history and business forever."

"The only thing more awesome than Chaotic Moon is dinosaurs. After developing virtually supernatural dinosaur technology that we can't discuss, Accenture bought us."

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

In thrall

I would gladly sell my house and all my possessions to assist this glorious company.

Best regards,

Andy T.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like