back to article Symantec’s dismal results show need for Veritas sale

Symantec’s latest results, published on the day of the Veritas sell-off announcement, show a 14 per cent revenue decline and 49 per cent profit fall on the annual compare. Revenues of $1.5bn produced profits of $117m, compared with $1.74bn and $236m respectively a year ago. On the sequential compare, the previous quarter’s …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Veritas - same old shit, different logo

Hmmm so lets make a load of people redundant (good as well as less good!), then lose a bunch more who cant be bothered with the "changes" 4.0/5.0 bullshit bingo, hassle, indecision, lack of leadership etc then recruit the dregs no one else wants.

It's OK though - the same leadership is in place who brought things to where they are now but the company name is different so it will all be OK!

I bid $8 for Veritas in 3 CEO's / years time :)

Anon as I jumped ship a few months ago but still have a few friends remaining there - until they can find something else!

2. CaptainBanjax

Just like Backup Exec itself

Theres no reliable way to restore things to the way they were.

Just out of interest though since we're vaguely on topic.

Raise your hand if you've ever successfully done a complete restore from tapes using Backup Exec to bare metal?

3. launcap Silver badge
    Alert

If Symantec disappeared..

.. would anything of value be lost?

Possibly Astaro Linux (they borged that a year or so ago) but I can't think of anything else off-hand.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: If Symantec disappeared..

One could only hope!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like