back to article Adobe pays US$1.2M plus settlements to end 2013 breach class action

Adobe has paid an undisclosed amount to settle customer claims and faces US$1.2 million in legal fees after its 2013 data breach which compromised the details of 38 million users. The creative content king was served a November 2013 class action lawsuit filed in California in which it is claimed "shoddy" security practises …

1. Mark 85

If we could just get a class action suit for Flash and kill that bastard once and for all, it might make things a little better... like security.

2. PleebSmash
    Facepalm

$6.77 billion in equity

Oh my, a $1.2 million settlement!

1. richardcox13
      FAIL

Re: $6.77 billion in equity

> Oh my, a $1.2 million settlement!

Please read the article again.

$1.2m in /legal fess/. The settlement amount is not disclosed.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

My details were taken. Where's my money?

1. Small Furry Animal
      Joke

My details were taken. Where's my money?

After dividing the compensation by the number of ACs and then subtracting the processing fees, you now owe us $275.60.

Sincerely

Adobe Beancounters

4. pogul

> The company knew its security practices at the time were poor since it used the same encryption key for all passwords.

So they weren't using salted hashes? What were they using instead? Public key encryption, or symmetric encryption? Where were the keys stored?

1. Adam 1
  5. All names Taken
    Alien

LOL?

LOL! Were they selling bootlegged n ahar Jim lad - pirated copies of Adobe software to bring in backdoor revenues?

Not sayin like you know mate just asking like you know guv'nor

- hick, hack sniff thwack?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Nice to see their warez bite them in the ass, instead of us!!!

Fuck Adobe! Now if we could just get them jailed as they have people that point out their failings.

7. Robert Helpmann??
    Childcatcher

Blood in the Water

[Adobe] was served a ... class action lawsuit ...in which it is claimed "shoddy" security practises lead to the breach.

Just like shooting fish in a barrel, throwing that sueball at Adobe. Perhaps customers can litigate bad software out of existence. Probably not, but I am sure there are some lawyers out there willing to give it a try.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like