back to article Dixons Carphone breakdances on graves of fallen rivals

Dixons Carphone is still shaking its booty on the graves of fallen rivals as it once again reported growing sales. In the 13 weeks ended 1 August, which is Dix-Car’s Q1 of fiscal year 2016, like-for-like group turnover was up eight per cent, fuelled by a ten per cent spike in the UK division’s top line. Over in the Nordics, …

1. CAPS LOCK

Now they are the last of the bricks-n-mortar gizmo stores...

... it'll be interesting to see if they try to defend their monopoly with aggressively low prices or put up prices for a short term benefit and draw in a foreign competitor...

1. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge

Re: Now they are the last of the bricks-n-mortar gizmo stores...

Hey! Stop putting idea into their heads. They are expensive enough already.

2. illiad

Re: Now they are the last of the bricks-n-mortar gizmo stores...

I am still shocked at the low amount of 'hifi' they have in my 'local' currys store... there used to be 4 stores within a few miles, now my nearest is ivybridge..

Yes, it should be called 'PC Currys dixons carphone world'... :( looks like there are still idiots who think 'rebranding' will save them! LOLOL

Only halfway decent shop is now Richersounds

I wonder if they will be able to afford some desperately needed staff training? the reviews are awful, scaring off the few that go there.... >;(

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like