back to article Masses of Brit IT bods embroiled in leak riddle

Mystery surrounds the origin of a leak on Pastebin containing what looked like the full contact details on tech personnel at hundreds of UK organizations. The leaked document features names of people, the firms they worked for, email addresses, and phone numbers (mobile and landline). It surfaced on Sunday, and purported to …

1. Dan 55 Silver badge
    Black Helicopters

Riddle me this

Who'd want to smear Kaspersky and have the full contact details on tech personnel at hundreds of UK organizations?

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
      Paris Hilton

Re: Riddle me this

Hmmmm...... Opus Dei?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Now that would make a long list. Everything from criminals to governmental organizations. It doesn't help that Kaspersky himself is so lovable /sarcasm.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Devil

The cure has become worse than the disease

4. The Vociferous Time Waster
    Holmes

Occam's

Some channel sales monkey knew he was about to be fired so popped the information in his CRM into pastebin so he could use it at his next gig. Happens all the time but normally it's emailed to a yahoo account rather than uploaded to a public site that anyone can see.

5. h4rm0ny

Don't think it's Kapersky.

It could be a partial list of course, but I've been a customer of Kapersky Labs for sometime and the relevant accounts are not on the list.

Seems a little harsh for Kapersky's name to be emblazoned in the headline just for being the first to get back to El Reg with confirmation they aren't the source.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like