back to article Parrish has vanished: NetApp chief marketeer leaves the parish

In comes a new chief technology officer; out goes a chief marketing officer: it looks like the Kurian effect is starting to show at NetApp. The storage biz's chief marketing bod Julie Parrish has left the company, just a short while before its big Las Vegas-based Insight event. In a statement, NetApp said: "Based on a mutual …

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge

"Kurian wants to put his stamp on NetApp's marketing"

Psychopath on a roll, then.

Mutual my ass. She was told to get the hell out of Dodge, or else.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Internet archive shows other execs missing unannounced?

http://web.archive.org/web/20150316201841/http://www.netapp.com/us/company/news/executive-bios.aspx

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

NetApp Marketing isn't the issue

NetApp's marketing was among the best in enterprise storage and probably accounted for better sales than would be expected. The problem is ONTAP, not marketing.

1. oli_from_germany
      Facepalm

Re: NetApp Marketing isn't the issue

Ähm, Ontap is the SOLUTION to everything - because it can do EVERYTHING no other box can do. All other statements are just bla.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: NetApp Marketing isn't the issue

So why FlashRay, E-Series, AltaVault? StorageGrid?

As a NetApp employee you should be taking the mandatory training to keep up to date on the portfolio.

To the Cloud! And Beyond!

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: NetApp Marketing isn't the issue - Seriously?

Sounds like a troll post to me to bash CDOT. If NetApp marketing was among the best in enterprise storage why would they can their CMO? If anything the opposite is true NetApp is getting out marketed by startup companies like Nimble who spend 54% of their revenue on sales and marketing, but only 14% on their R&D according to their shareholder report.

4. Your alien overlord - fear me

NetApp VP for Americas Field Marketing Brian Bakstran - I wonder if he's been told to put his 'back' into it without 'strain'ing it !!!!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like