back to article Barracuda misses Q2 results target

Cloud security and storage supplier Barracuda recorded growing revenues in its latest quarter, but fell short of expectations and made a loss because of poor sales in Europe and large deal push-outs. However, it announced it was buying a managed service provider software company to grow its market. Revenues for the second …

1. Nate Amsden

strange advertising

I was on a cross country flight a couple of weeks ago and Barracuda was advertising on the in flight TV/media systems. Seemed like a *really* strange place for such a company to advertise. Similarly several months ago while in a Taxi on the way to the airport I heard an ad on the radio for Dell Compellent storage, another reeeeeally strange place to advertise that kind of product.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: strange advertising

Business travellers. CIOs, IT Directors, etc. spend a lot of time in airports and airplanes.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Really not a fan of Barracuda

Couple of years ago we purchased several of their systems, based upon the promise of some forthcoming features and enhancements which never materialised, actually they did, but it was rebranded and sold as an entirely new product.

They have very little inclination to provide better features and service for existing customers, even after charging extortionate annual support/warranty prices.

You want security or ADC products, call Fortinet.. you want unrestricted Email archiving, give Exclaimer a try.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I blame advertising in airports

Probably the only place I've ever seen a Baraccuda device.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like