back to article Cisco Australia bumps prices by 12.83 per cent, for second time this year

Cisco Australia is raising its prices by 12.83 per cent, making this the second such rise for the year after a March price increase of 12 per cent. The Register has seen emails from local resellers advising users to buy Cisco kit sooner rather than later, or pay more as of November 9th. Cisco Australia's confirmed the price …

1. FozzyBear
    IT Angle

And here I thought it was just another mindless cash grab from yet another company. My Mistake.

If the weakening Aussie dollar is to blame can we expect a drop in price when the dollar regains it's strength against the greenback?.... Yeah thought not.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ridiculously overpriced USD

Everything priced in USD is affected -- and that is a lot of markets. A friend who is paid in USD has effectively received a 25% payraise.

3. Griffo

Only act quickly in one direction

I've been in the channel for years and seen multiple Cisco price rises and drops.

Funny though, when the $AUD goes up, it takes months if not years for Cisco to drop prices. The $$ go down, they react far far more quickly. As a sales org, the local sub is always happy to make more GP, but will cry like a stuck pig internally if the reverse happens. Not surprising really.

4. Somone Unimportant

Here we go again...

Cisco, listen up.

Your gear is good, your support isn't bad, and you may have set the standard for quite a lot of network stuff.

But I've just had a 143% increase (yes, 143%) in maintenance for our Call Manager/UCCX system due to changes in the way that licenses are charged, effective September 15th. That was on top of a 14% increase back in March as part of the annual price gouge. And now you want to go and bump the prices up AGAIN?

The actual amount of the increase is a substantial chunk of what I could put towards hosted telephony with hosted ACD/IVR.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like