back to article EMC and Dell considering 'a combination' – report

EMC and Dell are considering “a combination”, says The Wall Street Journal. Details of just what's on the table are sketchy. The Journal's referring to the usual folks familiar with the matter. Would some sort of tie-up make sense? Or more sense than the scuppered EMC/HP merger? Dell's storage range isn't as broad or deep as …

1. FH

Reasonable

EMC sells VNX line to Dell then merge with HP?

Reasonable since VNX is overlapping with 3PAR.

1. sawatts

Re: Reasonable

HP split into "HP Inc" and "Hewlett Packard Enterprise" would make the latter a more comfortable fit for a merger with EMC than before.

2. chris coreline
    Joke

"The Journal's referring to the usual folks familiar with the matter.", damn i hate those folks, they get everywhere.

3. ntevanza

All is forgiven, Carly

Sell all your shares and buy popcorn, in that order.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Buy the VNX line when they already own Compellent? Does not sound like a good deal to me. Especially given all initiatives in SDS and other players in SMB.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Crazy

As an ex Compellent user and now in a VNX house, got to say Compellent wins hands down from a technical perspective, was a joy to work with rather VNX, Co-Pilot support were also brilliant.

I just hope whatever happens Dell don't turn there back on Compellent.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Interesting

DELL went to buy Equallogic and Compellent to enter storage market which lead ending partnership with EMC for CLARiiON reselling.

Then EMC goes to build VCE with Cisco to enter server market to compete against DELL.

but VMWare buying Nicira leads to breakup VCE.

It's interesting if DELL comes back to EMC. How they reviews for M&A about EQL and Compellent?

7. This post has been deleted by its author

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like