back to article Companies grow faster when they buy more IT. Yes they do

Dell has taken a digital leaders vs. digital laggards angle for its second Global Technology Adoption survey, which finds companies that buy and use new stuff - cloud, big data and mobility - grow faster than slow-spending sluggards. Some 82 per cent of respondents said they use the cloud - but the survey does not reveal what …

1. Darryl

So if we buy more stuff from Dell, our company will be more prosperous?

And, if you hose yourself down with Axe spray, women will tear their clothes off and throw themselves at you.

1. James O'Shea

"And, if you hose yourself down with Axe spray, women will tear their clothes off and throw themselves at you."

It doesn't work for you?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Ooh, ooh -- does Dell sell Axe spray?!? Bonus!!

2. Charles Manning

Old cause and effect confusion again...

Larger companies need more parking.... so make more parking spaces and your company will magically grow.

Large companies need bigger offices.... so increase the floor area of your business by 100% and your company will grow by 100%.

Now that I buy Dell I find all this business management stuff so easy!

1. Preston Munchensonton
      Facepalm

Re: Old cause and effect confusion again...

The difference is that few people can ever build a business case for parking or office space increases. OTOH, the primary method for getting that IT budget approved is a business case demonstrating methods for saving labor and/or expanding sales through the use of IT. That's not hard to believe, IMO.

The unbelievable part comes from an IT company commissioning a study to prove what they want to hear. That's not science, that's bullshit. I really don't doubt what IT can do to help save money that a business can redeploy in other areas, but the way to prove your point isn't to make up your own research, even via a 3rd party.

The people who buy this line from Dell deserve everything that they will get.

1. John Tserkezis

Re: Old cause and effect confusion again...

"The people who buy this line from Dell deserve everything that they will get."

But they also promise it'll make us more attractive to women. To hell with productivity, we need all the help we can get...

3. Ken Moorhouse Silver badge

Buy or Rent?

"Some 82 per cent of respondents said they use the cloud "

I thought The Cloud was more about renting your IT, rather than buying it. (Ok, the Public Cloud, not Private ones).

4. Christoph

MRDA

Mandy Rice-Davies Applies

Well they would say that, wouldn't they?

1. Tannin

Re: MRDA

Who?

1. Ken Moorhouse Silver badge

Re: Who?

You know you are getting old when people profess to not knowing who Mandy Rice Davies is/was.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Stop

No they are just woefully ignorant of relatively recent History

1. Roland6 Silver badge

No just ignorant of (UK) Internet slang (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRDA_(slang) ).

5. Nate Amsden

might it be

Companies that are growing faster buy more IT ?

though that wouldn't make a good sales pitch.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Holmes

No shit sherlock, of course Dell will grow and be prosperous if you get ripped off by them.

7. anonymous boring coward Silver badge

People get richer by buying more yachts.

8. adam payne

Imagine that, I never knew building up a business could be so easy.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like