back to article Handy results put ARM on track for a muscular year

Chip designer ARM has posted another period of growth, with revenue up 17 per cent to $375.5m (£243m) for the third quarter, when compared with the previous year. Meanwhile, third-quarter pre-tax profit climbed 27 per cent to £128.4m, compared with the same period last year. ARM appears to be on track for a record year, with …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Apple's Disappointing Results

Quote: Yet, that didn't stop its shares being dragged down by Apple's (a company whose fortunes are closely coupled with its own) "disappointing" results.

Why link to an article that appeared months ago? Perhaps you want the unwary to think that Apple relesed sone results yesterday? They didn't. It is just this sort of thing that can cause the markets to move (electrinic trading and all that shite) and people to lose lots of money, yes you and me because our pension funds could be invested in these companies on out behalf, for no good reason. The current 'thin' trading (very few shares changing hands) conditions, are ripe for market manipulation via inuendo/gossip/factless reports.

Come on you hacks, we know you all hate Apple but don't potentially start rumours that have no foundation. This can cost people lots of money for no good reason.

When Apple release their figures, the anal(ists) will have a field day even if the beat all expectations, some will mark them as a 'SELL' because 'they could do better'. I fully expect you lot to join in the fun. Until then, please keep quiet. It is mine and yours pensions at stake here.

Rant over.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Apple's Disappointing Results

Links to out-of-date stories don't move Apple stock. All the significant investors know exactly when results are announced.

2. werdsmith Silver badge

How long can a little fabless with a world-leading position stay as an independent company?

Surely the same fate as CSR and Alphamosaic is inevitable?

1. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge

Powerful shareholders

If I remember correctly Apple (boo hiss) has a sizeable (5%???) holding in ARM. It is in their interests for ARM to remain independent even though the likes of Apple, Intel and MS could buy them with change found in the back of a sofa but for some reason they don't.... I wonder why that is eh?

While ARM remains separate from a big player then the likes of Apple can't be accused of being a monopoly/anti-trust. Besides, ARM supplies everyone equally. Just pay the license and away you go.

Mind you the fairy dust that Apple adds to the ARM core does seem to give them a edge over the likes of Samsung/Qualcomm in single CPU performance.

1. Dick Palmer
        Pirate

Re: Powerful shareholders

That Apple "fairy dust" is toxic ( http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/10/16/apple_a7_lawsuit/ )

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like