back to article Apple and Cisco begin to map their corporate desires, apps and all

Apple and Cisco’s developing corporate love-in – designed to prise open enterprise customers’ wallets as the fruity firm labours to push more of its iStuff into offices – is becoming clearer, as engineers at both companies have locked arms and channel mapping is happening. Milo Schacher, Cisco veep for the EMEA and Russia …

1. johnnymotel

IBM's IT dept

I have no idea if this figure is true or not, but IBM have stated they use 24 IT people to look after all their Mac machines.

1. Ed

Re: IBM's IT dept

I wonder if that's mostly because more tech savvy people tend to use PCs. I bet most support departments spent a significant proportion of their time with a fairly small group of their less able users - and they're probably the people who aren't confident enough to switch OS.

That's not to say that I don't think Macs are easier to use - but they're not _that_ much easier to use.

2. David Lawton

IBM use Apples DEP program for both Mac and iPad so from the very beginning the Apple stuff is easier to deploy. The person unwraps the device and its already managed, enrolled in an MDM and pulling down the settings. No imaging required, no putting through System Centre and Apples enterprise model is around user centric device management, very different way to the MS world.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like