back to article HP Inc shares rocket 13% on Wall Street debut after split

Hewlett Packard's split on Sunday created an interesting moment on the New York stock market today: shares in HP Inc jumped more than 13 per cent, while HP Enterprise watched its shares fall as much as five per cent. The two firms' first, tentative steps away from each other tell us that HP Inc's PCs and printers please the …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So the HPI stock was priced lower and the HPE stock priced higher, and the market decided to bring them to equilibrium.

Makes sense, that is how the market deals with uncertainty. From here on out, the prices will deviate based on performance. The projected performance for HPE is better, from a Wall Street perspective.

1. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

"The projected performance for HPE is better, from a Wall Street perspective."

Because they play country music in the boardroom? Wall Street loves country music.

1. Marlboro Lights

I thought everybody liked country music... No? Maybe it's only me then.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

can't resist

>on Wall Street more than HPE's servers, storage, software and cloud products.

>The projected performance for HPE is better,

Yep The Machine with memristors will change everything. Hahahaha.

3. Mephistro
    Devil

"HP Inc" ???

Shouldn't that be HP Ink ?

4. The Count

Its about time

Somebody bitch slapped Robin.

5. thomas k

hmmm ...

So, the one run by Meg goes down while the one not run by Meg goes up?

6. hahnchen
    Go

HP Enterprise needs a rebrand

It's too confusing, they need a brave new name which represents what they do and value.

I suggest "EDS".

7. The Godfather
    Pint

Golly...

Read into this folks...there is a message there perhaps in terms of where one will head and what its future will be...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like